ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- Parkland survivor says Texas shooting hit close to home, brought flashbacks and PTSD
- Tampa Bay school districts react to Texas school shooting
- More than 20 dogs found eating other dogs in ‘disturbing’ scene behind North Carolina home
- Take a look inside the 5 penthouses Johnny Depp owned in Los Angeles
- Texas school massacre continues states’ grim run of mass shootings