ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas
- Hillsborough County seniors concerned about securing second dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre ready for fans at Raymond James Stadium for WrestleMania
- Sheriff Chronister posthumously promotes LaVigne to sergeant during funeral service
- It’s a ‘joke’: Lakeland commissioners opt for resolution over mask mandate