ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- Polk Co. school superintendent stays the course, as board members disagree on reopening plans
- Grilling Tips and “Healthy” Burger
- Mental Wellness Boost During the Pandemic
- Supporting Cancer Patients and Survivors During Covid-19
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014