ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- ‘The View’ hosts test positive for COVID, leave set minutes before VP Harris interview
- Tampa company giving birthday parties and gifts to low-income or foster kids
- Parent Approved Learning Essentials
- Funeral service planned for Gabby Petito in New York, father says
- Antoni Porowski’s “Let’s Do Dinner”