ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was arrested for attempted murder after stabbing a woman numerous times in St. Petersburg Friday night, according to police.
Police say they responded to 4061 Porpoise Drive SE around 7:30 p.m. and found the woman that was stabbed several times.
She was taken to Bayfront Health with serious injuries.
Sixty-four-year-old Lonnie Lavine was also there when officers arrived. He was arrested for attempted murder in the 2nd degree.
Lavine was taken to and treated at St. Anthony’s Hospital for minor injuries to his hand, police say. He was later booked into the Pinellas County Jail shortly before midnight.
According to police, he lived in an unattached shed behind the victim’s home. The two were not in a relationship, police say.
It is early in the investigation, however, preliminary information show the two argued before the stabbing.
- Fatal crash closes Dale Mabry Highway at Hunt Road in Tampa
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Clouds and humidity today ahead of tomorrow’s cold front
- ‘Step in right direction’ Florida vaccine eligibility expanded to teachers 50 years and older
- Watch the skies: Mars, Pleiades star cluster pair up very closely
- Cuomo accuser blasts attempted apology, ‘predatory behavior’