LARGO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is accused of spitting food into a woman’s mouth following a road rage incident.
Pinellas County Sheriff’s deputies arrested 61-year-old David Paul Wipperman Thursday on felony battery charges for the incident that took place Oct. 29.
An arrest report says Wipperman got into a road rage incident with a woman that evening. He got out of his truck and approached the woman’s vehicle. She rolled down her window and apologized to Wipperman.
The report says Wipperman spit the food he was chewing at her, then opened the door and screamed at her.
The Tampa Bay Times reports it wasn’t clear why it took several weeks to arrest him.
Wipperman remained in jail Friday morning. Jail records don’t list a lawyer.
- Local event planner creates game to encourage residents to try, support new restaurants while stuck at home
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages