LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have arrested a man after a woman was found stabbed to death in Largo.
According to police, officers responded to an apartment located at 152 3rd Street NW around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday for an unknown situation. When officers arrived, police say they found a dead woman who had been stabbed multiple times.
After investigating, detectives developed probable cause to charge 55-year-old Christopher Gilley with murder in the first degree.
Police say Gilley and the victim were acquainted.
This investigation is ongoing. Please check back for the latest updates.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- 3 dead in military helicopter crash were experienced pilots
- Austin wins Senate confirmation as 1st Black Pentagon chief
- Citrus Co. Sheriff’s Office investigating deputy-involved shooting in Homosassa
- Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron dies at 86
- Schumer: House to send Trump impeachment article Monday