PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) — A man called the Pinellas Park Police Department Saturday morning telling them he was highly intoxicated and needed assistance. He was hit and killed by a car shortly after.
The Pinellas Park Police Department said David Martin, 57, called the police station around 3:20 a.m. telling them he was “highly intoxicated” and needed “assistance.”
While police were on their way to Park Boulevard and 52nd Street North to help Martin, they heard a crash. Upon arrival, officers discovered that Martin had been hit and killed by a vehicle.
Police said Martin was struck and killed while walking in the roadway.
The driver of the vehicle that hit him remained on scene. There have not been charges at this time, as the investigation is ongoing.
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- ‘Outright inconceivable’: Rays rally in bottom of 9th for improbable comeback
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few PM showers possible each day this week as Zeta moves into the Gulf
- Brett Phillips, the hometown hero, clutch for Rays in Game 4