TAMPA (WFLA) - Our friends at See Through Canoe were able to capture an amazing moment as a horseshoe crab was caught on camera swimming.
Horseshoe crabs normally swim near the ground but this interesting critter decided to make a trek to the top and when they do swim, they do so upside down.
"The horseshoe crab has been around for 200 million years before the dinosaurs. They have 10 eyes, 10 claws, 7 pairs of legs, and blue blood. Their blood is highly valued in the medical industry and is worth $15,000 per quart." See Through Canoe posted on Facebook.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Dropped off far from home by bus driver, Tampa girl runs home terrified, crying
- Wanted:The owner of prosthetic ear found in Holmes Beach
- Man caught at JFK smuggling 34 finches in hair curlers
- Binge-watching may lead to increased risk of blood clots, research says