ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – St. Petersburg police are warning drivers to stay away from a road where a depression has formed that is large enough to swallow a car.
The depression is in the middle lane of 34th Street South at 4th Avenue South.
The depression is about 10 feet deep and 10 feet across and is located under the road. The entire depression is not visible from above the road.
Police have closed the road.
Crews are making repairs which will likely continue throughout the afternoon.
The hole is not visible from above ground.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Suspected drunk driver kills woman in high-speed crash on SB I-275 in St. Pete
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay running deal for unlimited admission in 2018
- Polk County family hopes trick-or-treating tragedy will keep others safe
- Police looking for bicyclist who groped 2 women in South Tampa
- 8 most-haunted places in Tampa Bay