GULFPORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A Gulfport man is behind bars after police say he brutally beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat.
Officers were called to an aggravated battery at a home on Tangerine Avenue South near 56th Street South just before 3:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
According to police, 41-year-old Stephen Moran beat his roommate with a metal baseball bat in an unprovoked attack. Officers say Moran told them he “basically talked himself into the attack” because he was “upset with how the victim handled money.”
The victim was taken to Bayfront Medical Center as a trauma alert. Police say he is stable but suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Moran was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
LATEST PINELLAS COUNTY NEWS:
- 5 Tampa Bay hotels make shortlist of best-designed historic hotels in Florida
- Jogger finds human remains in St. Petersburg, police say
- Forgotten cemetery may be under Tropicana Field, city officials say
- Tampa Bay doctors see spike in child drownings
- Tampa Bay parents need help bringing preemie twins home from Utah