PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – With the help of GPS, Largo police say they arrested a robber who stopped a woman and forcefully took her cell phone.
According to an affidavit, the robbery occurred near the intersection of 8th Avenue and Clearwater Largo Road on Jan. 15.
Police said 26-year-old Mario Smith stopped the woman and snatched a bag and a purse that was around her neck.
Inside one of the bags was a cell phone with a GPS tracker, which alerted police to his location.
Police said the victim identified Smith in a photo lineup and he was arrested Sunday for robbery by sudden snatching.
Smith is being held at the Pinellas County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Pandemic leads 7-Eleven to forgo free Slurpees on 7-11
- Deceased cat gets voter registration application in mail
- Jimmy, Rosalynn Carter pose in face masks to spread awareness
- Disney World changing ‘Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance’ virtual queue
- Zoo Miami gorilla gets COVID-19 tests during treatment for bites