PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – With the help of GPS, Largo police say they arrested a robber who stopped a woman and forcefully took her cell phone.
According to an affidavit, the robbery occurred near the intersection of 8th Avenue and Clearwater Largo Road on Jan. 15.
Police said 26-year-old Mario Smith stopped the woman and snatched a bag and a purse that was around her neck.
Inside one of the bags was a cell phone with a GPS tracker, which alerted police to his location.
Police said the victim identified Smith in a photo lineup and he was arrested Sunday for robbery by sudden snatching.
Smith is being held at the Pinellas County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- FL Strawberry Festival gets off to a “berry” cold start
- Family of bullied Australian boy declines crowdfunded trip to Disney, wants funds to support anti-bullying charities
- Governor strips coalition against domestic violence from distributor of state funds
- What’s deadlier? Coronavirus or flu
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen