Faulty air conditioning unit caused fire at Clearwater Beach hotel, officials say

Pinellas County

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A faulty air conditioning unit sparked a fire that broke out at a Clearwater Beach hotel Monday night.

The Clearwater Fire and Rescue was called to the Edge Hotel, 505 S. Gulfview Boulevard at about 10:30 p.m. and put out the flames.

No injuries were reported.

Fire officials said a faulty air conditioning unit caused the fire, but did not provide any further information.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss