ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A family is praying for a miracle as their son fights for his life after collapsing at a high school football game.
Friday night, Northeast High in St. Petersburg took on Osceola when one of their star players, Jacquez Welch, went down and didn’t get up. He was rushed to Bayfront Medical in St. Pete.
His mother took to Facebook Sunday to let her friends, family and everyone interested know what’s currently happening with her son.
“I don’t have a problem with social media because Jacquez touched a lot of people’s lives. I don’t have a problem with people know what real-life stuff is going on,” said Jacquez’s mom, Marcia Nelson.
A GoFundMe page organized by his coach stated the senior collapsed with a severe brain bleed. A neurologist diagnosed him with Arteriovenous Malformations. Every minute is precious as he lays in ICU.
Pinellas County Schools released a statement saying:
“Jacquez Welch is a beloved member of the Northeast High School football team and the school community. Our thoughts are with his family during this difficult time.”
His mother is now thanking friends and family as support and love continues to flow in.
“I know everybody’s just concerned and want to know, and I’m telling you now just pray cause I need a miracle right now,” Nelson said.
The school district said support will be available Monday morning at Northeast High School for students and staff.
- Florida health officials to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- ‘Bernie mittens’ sell out hours after Inauguration
- Deputies: Child dies after being left alone in bathtub by Plant City elementary school teacher
- LIVE: Dr. Fauci speaks about coronavirus at White House press briefing