ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man has been charged with criminal mischief after allegedly falling through a restaurant ceiling while people were eating, according to an affidavit. James Donald Olsen, 24, was drunk when he fell from the ceiling on March 20 around 2:30 a.m., police said.
Olsen, of Riverview, caused more than $1,000 in damage, the affidavit says.
Patrons were eating inside Fortunato’s Italian Market, located at 259 Central Ave. in Downtown St. Petersburg, when they noticed foam tiles falling. Then the suspect fell through, according to the affidavit. “It is unknown where the defendant came from,” the affidavit says.
The business is not attached to an attic, according to the report.
The responding officer said burglary could not be proven.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Sheriff: ‘Super pill’ is deadly and cheap, becoming big problem
- Mom offers tough love when daughter doesn’t clean room
- Waldo has been found and he’s in trouble
- Mall Easter bunny, father get into brawl
- More than 80,000 bees removed from Lakeland gated community
- Explosions rock Brussels airport, subway; 28 reported dead
- Families identify victims of Tampa plane crash
- Police: Toddler burned after mother put her in an oven
- Deputies: Girl, 13, drives car into power pole
- WATCH: Police detonate 10 tons of fireworks
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking news and top headlines