PALM HARBOR, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE | Authorities say the subject of a Silver Alert has been safely located.
Wilbert Joseph Mantz, 96, was found safe in Lee County and is being evaluated by medical professionals. His family has been notified and the Silver Alert was canceled, authorities said.
Further information was not immediately available.
ORIGINAL STORY | Pinellas County deputies have issued a Silver Alert for a missing 96-year-old man.
Deputies say Wilbert Manz, 96, of Palm Harbor was last seen at 11 a.m. on Saturday at the Coral Oaks Assisted Living Facility located at 900 Westlake Road.
Manz was driving a gray 2015 Hyundai Sonata with a Florida tag #JXBY51.
Deputies say Manz’s final destination is not known and he has not returned to the facility yet.
He is described as a white male, approximately 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with a thin build, has gray hair and wears glasses. His clothing is unknown.
Deputies say Manz may suffer from memory issues and does not have a cellphone.
If you’ve seen Manz or have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
- Tracking the Tropics: 90% chance system in western Caribbean develops
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Jon Bon Jovi to accompany Joe and Jill Biden in Pennsylvania today
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse