ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA)—Police are telling 7-Eleven customers in the area to check their bank accounts after a credit card skimmer was found inside a gas pump at a location in St. Petersburg.
Police said an inspector found the skimmer at the 7-Eleven at 150 Pinellas Bayway.
“It is unknown exactly how long the skimmer was there, but investigators believe it could have been there for more than a month,” police said on Facebook.
Police said the store’s customers should review their bank accounts for any suspicious activity. If unauthorized funds were withdrawn from your account, you should contact the St. Petersburg Police Department’s non-emergency line at 727-893-7780 and mention report# 2020-035596.
- Public health expert: ‘Prudent decision’ to postpone Tampa’s Gasparilla festivities during coronavirus surge
- Search underway for missing endangered 77-year-old Sebring woman
- Former Tampa Bay bank robber meets detective after she changed his life, 28 years later
- 2 people injured following St. Petersburg shooting
- Gasparilla businesses eying safety, worried about making ends meet