CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Clearwater Police Department and Clearwater Fire and Rescue are currently on the scene of a crash with serious injuries.
According to police, the crash happened on Court Street, just east of Lincoln Avenue, around 3 p.m. All lanes of Court Street have been closed.
Police say the crash happened when a Honda Civic that was driving westbound on Court Street collided with a Mazda SUV that was driving eastbound but was making a U-turn at the time. Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash.
Police say one of the two cars involved flipped over. Four people from both cars had to be extricated by firefighters and were taken to Bayfront Health in St. Petersburg as trauma alerts. None of the injuries are thought to be life-threatening.
Police are asking drivers heading in that direction to avoid the area.
- Small diverse-owned businesses hope to benefit from the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay
- Man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker
- Child taken to hospital after two logs fell on them in Hudson
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- Rubio, Scott vote to declare Trump’s second impeachment trial unconstitutional