CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Clearwater Police Department and Clearwater Fire and Rescue are currently on the scene of a crash with serious injuries.
According to police, the crash happened on Court Street, just east of Lincoln Avenue, around 3 p.m. All lanes of Court Street have been closed.
Police say the crash happened when a Honda Civic that was driving westbound on Court Street collided with a Mazda SUV that was driving eastbound but was making a U-turn at the time. Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash.
Police say one of the two cars involved flipped over. Four people from both cars had to be extricated by firefighters and were taken to Bayfront Health in St. Petersburg as trauma alerts. None of the injuries are thought to be life-threatening.
Police are asking drivers heading in that direction to avoid the area.
- New details of Jeffrey Epstein’s death and the frantic aftermath revealed in records obtained by AP
- Siguen los aguaceros en la Bahia de Tampa
- Shocking video shows man in alligator habitat at Florida Busch Gardens
- Florida mother arrested after 11-month-old left in car dies, police say
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Sarasota