PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – US Coast Guard members helped rescue an injured man Saturday from One Tree Island near Sand Key.
According to the Coast Guard, they received a report from a good Samaritan around 3:50 p.m. regarding a 48-year-old man who suffered a leg injury from a recreational boat propeller.
Coast Guard members were able to get to One Tree Island and medevaced the man to the Coast Guard station where local EMS was waiting.
He was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is leading an investigation into the boating incident.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: More record-setting heat expected; front arrives this week
- Rays fans at watch party react to disappointing loss
- Justin Turner removed from Game 6 after testing positive for COVID-19
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.