ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – After an hours-long manhunt, police have arrested a robbery suspect who is accused of shooting an employee at a dollar store in St. Petersburg.
St. Pete Police spokesperson Yolanda Fernandez said an employee was shot during an armed robbery at the Family Dollar on 1701 4th Street South.
The employee was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries and has since been released from the hospital.
At about 6:53 a.m., Fernandez said the suspect, Terrian Javon Knight, 29, was in custody.
Knight is charged with armed robbery and attempted homicide.
A representative for Family Dollar released this statement to WFLA:
We are shaken by the incident yesterday evening, and are appreciative of local law enforcement’s prompt response and apprehension of the suspect.
The safety and security of our associates and customers is our first priority. When violence in the communities we serve occurs, it affects everyone- including our stores. We have policies and rigorous trainings in place to best respond to store safety and security incidents.Kayleigh Painter – Manager, Investor and Media Relations
- Inmate cries out ‘I Can’t Breathe’ 29 times before death
- Gov. DeWine tests negative for coronavirus after earlier positive test
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID-19 aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive order to ban TikTok in 45 days
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases