CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) - A Clearwater police officer was arrested early Wednesday morning after a domestic incident.
According to police, Christopher England was charged with domestic battery and tampering with a witness after officers were called to England’s residence.
The incident started as a verbal dispute shortly after midnight and then grew physical.
The tampering charge stems from England trying to deny his girlfriend the ability to call 911.
England has been a police officer with Clearwater for five years.
He will be placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of an internal affairs investigation.
He was booked into the Pinellas County Jail Wednesday morning.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump to spend Thanksgiving in Florida, plans to make first visit to a war zone soon
- Get everything needed for last minute Thanksgiving at Fresh Market
- Police find dead alligators in trunk of Walmart shoplifting suspect in Fort Pierce
- Florida woman on 'Molly' purposely dropped infant while running through traffic, deputies say