CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A caregiver at a Clearwater assisted living facility.
According to police, Shadeek Shakoor, 54, was the only caregiver on duty at Rainbow Manor assisted living facility when he fell asleep when a fire broke out after he left food too long on a kitchen stove.
Three of the residents, ages 72, 82 and 92 were taken to Morton Plant Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Clearwater police say Shakoor smelled of alcohol, had bloodshot eyes and showed signs of impairment. Fire crews arriving on the scene had trouble getting Shakoor to become coherent when they arrived to fight the fire.
Shakoor was booked into the Pinellas County Jail.
- Meet the artist who makes candles of people’s faces
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Hester Ford, oldest living American dies at 116
- Tampa’s FEMA vaccine site will resume administering 1st Pfizer shots this week
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting