ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Eagle 8 HD flew over a new Black Lives Matter mural in St. Petersburg.
The mural is located on 9th Avenue South in front of the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum.
The artwork was painted by volunteers and mural artists on Wednesday afternoon.
On Friday, June 19, the City of St. Petersburg and the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum came together to celebrate Juneteenth. The mural was also unveiled to the public at that time.
Just two weeks ago, a similar mural was painted on the street leading to the White House, instead in bright yellow letters.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Lightning beat Stars 3-2 in Game 2, get even in Stanley Cup
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Laura storm surge
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- Florida decision likely clears Patriots owner of soliciting sex
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee