ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Eagle 8 HD flew over a new Black Lives Matter mural in St. Petersburg.
The mural is located on 9th Avenue South in front of the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum.
The artwork was painted by volunteers and mural artists on Wednesday afternoon.
On Friday, June 19, the City of St. Petersburg and the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum came together to celebrate Juneteenth. The mural was also unveiled to the public at that time.
Just two weeks ago, a similar mural was painted on the street leading to the White House, instead in bright yellow letters.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Pinellas Co. promoting local COVID safety requirements ahead of Spring Break
- Study: Why do some kids contract MIS-C rather than severe COVID?
- Sen. Rick Scott: Biden administration known for ‘open borders, closed schools’
- Deputies investigating Manatee commissioner’s involvement with exclusive vaccine event, unaffiliated lawyer says jail time is possible
- Good Samaritan hand delivers lost wallet to Florida woman’s home