ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol says a young girl suffered serious injuries after she was struck by a motorcyclist in a hit-and-run crash Wednesday night.
Troopers say the 6-year-old walked out of an apartment complex and was in the westbound lanes of Gandy Boulevard when she was struck by a black motorcycle.
The girl was taken to an area hospital to be treated for serious injuries. Her current condition is unknown.
The motorcycle operator left the scene, but troopers found debris from the vehicle.
They’re asking anyone with information regarding the incident to call investigators at 813-558-1800 or Crime Stoppers.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: A cool and breezy day
- St. Petersburg museum on mission to improve Holocaust education statewide
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach Ferris wheel and in community pool to make porn videos arrested again
- Three victims in fiery Hudson crash remembered
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275