ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A child was hospitalized Friday morning after a stolen car crashed into a home in St. Petersburg, police said.
Investigators say a 14-year-old stole a family friend’s car, lost control and crashed into a house near 57th Street and 24th Avenue just before 5 a.m. Friday.
The home sustained no damage and no one was inside, according to police.
Police said the driver suffered non-life threatening injuries and the child suffered a few cuts and bruises. They were taken to Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital to be treated for their injuries. The extent of their injuries is unknown.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- Driver suspected of dragging, killing California bicyclist in 2017 is captured in Australia
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Tiger at Tennessee zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Florida early voting site closed after workers get coronavirus