PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A car plunged into the water following an accident on the Howard Frankland Bridge on Wednesday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said 24-year-old Dennis Verboczki of Port Richey was headed south on the bridge when his vehicle experienced a mechanical failure and he couldn’t steer.
Verboczki lost control of the vehicle, which left the road and broke through a chainlink fence before entering a shallow portion of Tampa Bay.
He was able to exit the submerged vehicle unharmed.
Verboczki faces a charge for driving with a suspended license, according to the FHP report.
This is a developing situation. Please check back for updates.
- Tampa’s FEMA mass vaccination site reopens Monday, nearly half of the daily supply goes unused
- Tyler Glasnow fans 14, Adames homers as Rays blank Rangers 1-0
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Virginia AG wants police records after Army officer stopped
- Macaulay Culkin, Brenda Song announce birth of first child together