PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A car plunged into the water following an accident on the Howard Frankland Bridge on Wednesday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said 24-year-old Dennis Verboczki of Port Richey was headed south on the bridge when his vehicle experienced a mechanical failure and he couldn’t steer.
Verboczki lost control of the vehicle, which left the road and broke through a chainlink fence before entering a shallow portion of Tampa Bay.
He was able to exit the submerged vehicle unharmed.
Verboczki faces a charge for driving with a suspended license, according to the FHP report.
This is a developing situation. Please check back for updates.
- Registered sex offender accused of raping Florida woman after fake job interview, police say
- Security video captures jail inmate’s fall through ceiling during escape attempt
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election