ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver fleeing from a traffic stop crashed into a St. Petersburg home on Wednesday night.
According to St. Petersburg Police Department, the traffic stop occurred near 49th Avenue and 16th Street when the driver fled from the traffic stop.
A police spokesperson tells News Channel 8 they did not pursue the vehicle.
A short time following the attempted stop crashed into a home’s garage in the 4000 block of 19th Street North.
No one was hurt inside the home. The St.Petersburg Fire Department inspected the house and determined it is safe for the residents to remain there.
The two men in the car ran away from the scene and officers found them in the area.
Officers found narcotics in the car, however, details are limited at this time.
- MAP: How many lifeguards are employed by local counties?
- WATCH: Alex Killorn organizes epic Bolts reunion to celebrate NHL return
- Florida HS grad’s emotional TikTok video goes viral
- Batman signaled to save world during COVID-19 pandemic
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium welcomes rescued dolphin to his forever home