ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A jet ski rider is in the hospital after colliding with a boat near the Treasure Island Causeway Bridge on Thursday afternoon.
Deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office say the accident happened just before 12:30 p.m. when a man on his Sea-Doo made a u-turn cutting in front of a boat.
The boater couldn’t slow down enough to avoid hitting him.
The jet ski operator was brought to the boat ramp and was transported to the hospital. Deputies say the rider suffered serious injuries but they do not appear life-threatening.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- ‘Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!’: Passengers get kicked off Florida flight for not wearing masks
- Tropical Storm Peter forms in Atlantic as 17th named storm of 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Unsettled pattern continues with scattered storms expected Sunday and Monday in Tampa Bay
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns