ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A jet ski rider is in the hospital after colliding with a boat near the Treasure Island Causeway Bridge on Thursday afternoon.
Deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office say the accident happened just before 12:30 p.m. when a man on his Sea-Doo made a u-turn cutting in front of a boat.
The boater couldn’t slow down enough to avoid hitting him.
The jet ski operator was brought to the boat ramp and was transported to the hospital. Deputies say the rider suffered serious injuries but they do not appear life-threatening.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- Here’s how the Electoral College works
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Jill Biden to host drive-in rally in Tampa on Sunday
- Tampa man creates unique device for socially distant trick or treating