ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A bicyclist was struck and killed by an SUV in St. Petersburg on Thursday.
The accident happened in the 2800 block of Dr. Martin Luther King Street North shortly after noon.
Police say the bicyclist, 25-year-old Anne McLaughlin, died at the scene.
According to police, they believe McLaughlin was riding her bike in a marked crosswalk when a white Chevrolet driven by 44-year-old Brian Doughty Jr.
Doughty remained at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation, police said.
The north and southbound lanes of the street were closed for several hours between 28th Avenue and 30th Avenue North, however, is now open.
- 3 massive earthquakes strike near New Zealand; tsunami warnings issued
- Publix expands COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to all Florida K-12 teachers, school personnel
- Stocks turn lower as bond yields continue their upward march
- How cute! Baby otters born for the first time at Discovery Cove
- Idaho lawmaker under fire for saying moms should stay home