PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas Park police say a suspect is behind bars following a machete attack that left a man in critical condition.
According to police, Devin Quarterman, 28, attacked Gerrardo Garcia multiple times with the machete during a physical altercation on 66th Street North near 102nd Avenue North around 11 p.m. Sunday.
Detectives believe Garcia and Quarterman were involved in a dispute recently which led to this incident. This afternoon, Quarterman was located and taken into custody without incident.
Quarterman has been transported to the Pinellas County Jail and has been charged with attempted first-degree murder.
- Hillsborough County to use 2 hotels as quarantine, isolation sites for residents impacted by COVID-19
- Struggling businesses must keep their workforce to receive federal assistance
- Invisible lines in sand cause confusion as Pinellas County beachgoers persist despite coronavirus orders
- Nearly 3,000 sailors to leave aircraft carrier amid virus outbreak
- 6-week-old baby dies of coronavirus in Connecticut