LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Crews were battling an early-morning two-alarm fire at an abandoned building in Largo on Monday.
The fire broke out in the 1600 block of Clearwater Largo Road North and Myrtle Avenue shortly before 3 a.m. Monday. Crews said they got the fire under control by 7 a.m.
Firefighters arrived just before 3 to find a fire in the attic of the building and then the flames spread to the roof. Crews from Clearwater Fire and Pinellas Suncoast were assisting, but said the wind was making it tough to put out.
The Largo Fire Marshal said the building has been abandoned for roughly a year.
There was no immediate word on injuries.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Saturday afternoon briefing
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.