DUNEDIN, Fla. (WFLA) – A 79-year-old woman has life-threatening injuries after deputies say she was hit by an SUV in Dunedin on Friday night.
The crash happened just before 7 p.m. near the intersection of San Christopher Drive and County Road 1.
According to deputies, the 79-year-old was crossing San Christopher Drive, pulling a metal cart with groceries. The SUV, being driven by a 37-year-old, hit the woman on her right side.
The sheriff’s office says she was not in a designated crosswalk at the time.
Investigators say it does not appear speed or impairment are factors in the crash.
LATEST PINELLAS COUNTY NEWS:
- Coronavirus: Tarpon Springs offering $1,000 grants to small businesses
- VIDEO: Police seek alleged peeping Tom in Clearwater
- Apply now: St. Pete giving $5,000 grants to businesses affected by coronavirus
- Largo A/C company looking for volunteers to sew masks for healthcare workers
- Is Medical Reserve Corps in Tampa Bay ready for pandemic peak?