ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police in St. Petersburg say four people were hospitalized after a driver crashed a stolen car into a police vehicle.
Police responded to the area of 18th Avenue and 7th Avenue South at about 9:40 p.m. Monday evening.
Initial information shows the stolen Toyota Camry was heading northbound on 7th Avenue South at a high rate of speed. It struck the police vehicle after it ran a stop sign at 18th Avenue South.
Police said the sergeant and the Camry’s three passengers were hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries.
All three passengers were detained. It’s unclear if charges are pending.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Lowe’s homers in 11th, lifts Rays into 2nd wild card
- Groups unite for Bahamas donation blitz
- Mother speaks out following video of alleged animal abuse
- WITH THIS RING: Bucs legend Ronde Barber calls induction the “most meaningful honor”
- FDA: More high blood pressure medications recalled due to cancer risk