ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police in St. Petersburg say four people were hospitalized after a driver crashed a stolen car into a police vehicle.
Police responded to the area of 18th Avenue and 7th Avenue South at about 9:40 p.m. Monday evening.
Initial information shows the stolen Toyota Camry was heading northbound on 7th Avenue South at a high rate of speed. It struck the police vehicle after it ran a stop sign at 18th Avenue South.
Police said the sergeant and the Camry’s three passengers were hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries.
All three passengers were detained. It’s unclear if charges are pending.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Gov. DeSantis holds news conference from Florida Publix
- War of words between White House and Gov. DeSantis on vaccine rollout
- Bucs gear sells out overnight as fans rush to purchase Super Bowl souvenirs
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- One year ago today: Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna killed in helicopter crash