PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) — Police are investigating a death after a man’s body was found in a creek in Pinellas Park on Tuesday.
Officers were called to a small creek west of 40th Street near New Circle Drive around 10:30 a.m. after a passerby saw a body in the water.
Authorities have identified the man as 27-year-old Ezra Byrd, a transient from St. Petersburg.
Investigators say the death does not appear to be suspicious because there were no signs of trauma. Detectives are working with the Pinellas County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine a cause of death.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Nudists in Hudson upset over USPS carrier who won’t deliver mail inside resort community
- 12 busted in Tampa undercover prostitution sting
- Eckerd Connects ignored ‘smoking gun’ emails warning of Hillsborough foster care failures
- Family who took in Nikolas Cruz after parents died: We had monster living under our roof
- WATCH: 6-year-old girl’s adorable Girl Scout cookie video goes viral