PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Two teenagers have been killed following a deadly crash on I-275.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Erinasha Jones, 18, was traveling on northbound I-275 near 22nd Avenue North just after 6:20 a.m. on Saturday when she attempted to change lanes and entered the path of another vehicle.
Troopers say, Jones’ Toyota Camry collided with the other vehicle and rotated across the interstate ultimately colliding with two trees.
Jiana Minaya, 16 and Keeoshia Edwards, 17, were passengers in Jones’ vehicle and were taken to Bayfront Hospital where they later died from their injuries.
Troopers say both teens had not been wearing seatbelts at the time of the accident.
Jones was transported to Bayfront Hospital with serious injuries and troopers believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Charges are pending and an investigation is underway.
- Police: Loaded gun found in Polk County student’s backpack after scuffle with asst. principal
- WATCH: Sarasota boating officer finds coyote swimming in bay, guides it to shore
- Trump the dominant force at conservative conference
- 3 dead after Florida-bound plane crashes in Georgia
- Militia members want to blow up Capitol when Biden addresses Congress, chief says