PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Two teenagers have been killed following a deadly crash on I-275.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Erinasha Jones, 18, was traveling on northbound I-275 near 22nd Avenue North just after 6:20 a.m. on Saturday when she attempted to change lanes and entered the path of another vehicle.
Troopers say, Jones’ Toyota Camry collided with the other vehicle and rotated across the interstate ultimately colliding with two trees.
Jiana Minaya, 16 and Keeoshia Edwards, 17, were passengers in Jones’ vehicle and were taken to Bayfront Hospital where they later died from their injuries.
Troopers say both teens had not been wearing seatbelts at the time of the accident.
Jones was transported to Bayfront Hospital with serious injuries and troopers believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Charges are pending and an investigation is underway.
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Public health expert: ‘Prudent decision’ to postpone Tampa’s Gasparilla festivities during coronavirus surge
- Search underway for missing endangered 77-year-old Sebring woman
- Former Tampa Bay bank robber meets detective after she changed his life, 28 years later
- 2 people injured following St. Petersburg shooting