PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a shooting left two men injured in Pinellas Park on Thursday morning.
Shots rang out along 66th Terrace at about 6 a.m. Police said one of the men was shot multiple times and the other one was hit once in his lower extremities.
Both of the men were taken to local hospitals. Their current condition is unknown.
Police said the suspects fled in a vehicle. At last check, they have not been located.
“Usually pretty peaceful. Quiet. Been out here all my life,” said Phil Jacoby, who has lived in the neighborhood for five decades.
His wife agrees.
“I think it’s a little crazy,” Jennifer Jacoby said. “This is one of the safest neighborhoods I’ve ever lived in. We have kids all over the neighborhood. We have our own kids. This is something new.”
The investigation is still ongoing.
- Tampa Bay misses out on first WrestleMania due to coronavirus
- US Coast Guard rescues 4 people from overturned boat near Sarasota
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell dies at 84
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series
- Search to continue for Kennedy Townsend’s daughter, grandson