SEMINOLE, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol says one person was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Seminole overnight.
The crash happened in the area of 102nd Avenue and 97th Street North shortly before 12:30 a.m.
Investigators say the woman lost control of the vehicle and slammed into a concrete barrier and a guardrail. She died at the scene.
A man in the passenger seat suffered serious injuries and was taken to an area hospital. His current condition is unknown.
It’s unclear if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
The intersection was closed for about three hours, but it has since reopened.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Police: Man arrested for beating his dog after it chased after a squirrel in St. Pete
- Tropicana Field COVID-19 testing site sees high demand ahead of Thanksgiving
- Woody misses flight at Tampa airport, needs ride to Seattle
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges