ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – One person has died after a car crashed into the back wall of a Beall’s department store in St. Petersburg, police say.
According to St. Petersburg police, Mladen Kravarusic drove his minivan into the back of the store around 2:16 p.m. Saturday. The Beall’s is a part of a shopping center located at 7899 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Police say Kravarusic was the only one in the van and died at the scene. No one else was injured inside the store. No other vehicle was involved in the crash.
The Beall’s store has been closed due to the damage.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- ‘Felt like I was able to breathe’: Relief in Tampa for many after guilty verdict in Chauvin trial
- Florida transgender athlete bill may be dead for the year, bill sponsor says
- St. Petersburg residents react to Chauvin verdict
- 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for ‘I can breathe’ tweet following Chauvin verdict