ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – One person has died after a car crashed into the back wall of a Beall’s department store in St. Petersburg, police say.
According to St. Petersburg police, Mladen Kravarusic drove his minivan into the back of the store around 2:16 p.m. Saturday. The Beall’s is a part of a shopping center located at 7899 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Police say Kravarusic was the only one in the van and died at the scene. No one else was injured inside the store. No other vehicle was involved in the crash.
The Beall’s store has been closed due to the damage.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Sunny and pleasant days ahead
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order is shutting down the church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say