PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA)—One person has died after a camper caught fire in Pinellas Park early Friday morning, authorities said.
The fire broke out in a fifth wheel trailer at the Sunny Rest Trailer Park, 3920 78th Avenue North.
Officials said the fire spread to two neighboring mobile homes and melted some of the siding. Three people were displaced, and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
“We’ve had to cut the power just for safety and then let the city come out and make sure it’s safe for the individuals to live in, but at this time we’ll help them get placed,” said Pinellas Park Deputy Fire Chief Rob Angell.
The person who died has not been identified. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Rays skip social media game coverage to post about gun violence
- Lutz man exposed himself to mother, 3-year-old, police say
- Former NFL star Ricky Williams explains why he changed his name
- Tampa renter needs to work 3 full-time jobs to afford apartment
- La Niña produces 3 times more hurricanes than El Niño, Max Defender 8 analysis finds