CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – One woman is dead and another has serious injuries after a head-on crash in Clearwater.
The crash happened just before noon Monday at the intersection of Fort Harrison Avenue and Woodlawn Street.
Clearwater police say a pickup truck and an SUV were headed in opposite directions on Fort Harrison Avenue when the SUV crossed the center line of the road.
The woman driving the SUV was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers say the woman driving the pickup truck was flown to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg as a trauma alert. She remains in critical condition as of Monday night.
Clearwater police and firefighters shut down the intersection for several hours to investigate, but the scene has been cleared.
The identities of the two women are not being released because their families have not yet been notified.
- Lakeland Regional Health takes over vaccine scheduling as Polk County closes portal
- 2 Florida sisters killed in hit-and-run crash while on way to grocery store
- NASA’s Mars helicopter takes flight, 1st for another planet
- Luke Bryan wins top ACM Award, but female acts own the night
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness