ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a woman has died after a drunk driver ran a red light and hit her car in St. Petersburg Monday night.
The crash happened at the intersection of 18th Avenue South and 22nd Street South around 9 p.m.
Police said Arttonoyo Lee, 23, was speeding on 18th Avenue South and blew through a red light at the intersection of 22nd Street South, where he hit a gray 2013 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Latoya Roundtree, 38.
Both Lee and Rountree were taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, where Roundtree was pronounced deceased.
Police said Lee showed numerous signs of impairment.
He was arrested for vehicular homicide, DUI manslaughter, possession of marijuana less than 20 grams and violation of probation.
Lee is being held at the Pinellas County Jail.
- FL Strawberry Festival gets off to a “berry” cold start
- Family of bullied Australian boy declines crowdfunded trip to Disney, wants funds to support anti-bullying charities
- Governor strips coalition against domestic violence from distributor of state funds
- What’s deadlier? Coronavirus or flu
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen