PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was arrested for attempted murder and arson after he placed flaming Molotov cocktails (flaming plastic bottles with lighter fluid inside) at the door of a trailer Thursday.
The incident occurred at a trailer park at 1499 22nd St. N. around 8:45 p.m.
Police said Bertram Mann, 43, was seen placing a Molotov cocktail inside the door of a trailer with two witnesses inside. When they made their escape, one of the witnesses told police he saw a trailer just south of theirs already engulfed in flames.
When one of the witnesses approached Mann to ask what he was doing, he said Mann attacked him with a hatchet. Police said Mann struck the him repeatedly in the back and chest, which required immediate medical attention.
Mann was arrested for attempted murder and arson in the first degree.
No other details were released.
- Local event planner creates game to encourage residents to try, support new restaurants while stuck at home
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages