SINTON, TX (WFLA) – A dog in Sinton, Texas put emergency plans in motion after Harvey arrived on Friday.
Facebook user Tiele Dockens snapped a photo of the pooch walking around, carrying an entire bag of food in his mouth. She shared it on social media with #refugee in the caption.
She said the dog, later identified as Otis, wasn’t a stray, he just got out on the street.
Otis is one of many who stocked up on food and supplies when the storm moved in.
The Austin American-Statesman reports H-E-B-, the most dominant grocer in Central Texas has sent loads of water to food banks in South Texas and assembled mobile kitchens, pharmacies and other response teams. The company closed nearly 45 stores statewide in response to Harvey, but none in Central Texas. Walmart closed 21 stores in response.
The newspaper reports there is one confirmed death from Harvey in the coastal city of Rockport, and at least 12 to 14 people were injured in the storm.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pinellas Co. School Resource Deputy fired for improper conduct with child with autism
- Tampa man accused of breaking 4-week-old girl’s legs
- 2 men arrested for robbery, savage assault on Ybor City restaurant worker
- Hillsborough Co. Confederate monument cost high due to 20 pieces involved
- 2-year-old dies after getting neck stuck in car window
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | August 25-27