TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A person who was reportedly seen hanging onto a boat near the Gandy Bridge on Thursday was found safe inside their vessel, News Channel 8 learned from authorities.
Multiple agencies responded to reports of a capsized vessel near the bridge Thursday morning, but it appears the boat never capsized.
Eagle 8 flew over the scene and saw a helicopter and several emergency vehicles and boats that were looking for the boater.
News Channel 8 later learned authorities made contact with a boater who said he fell out of the vessel, but made it back in safely.
Further information was not available.
- Florida early voting site closed after workers get coronavirus
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Valrico teen siblings arrested for murder after drug deal gone wrong, deputies say
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,592 new cases, total case count surpasses 800K
- Daytime Halloween 2020 – Host Chat