PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pasco Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting in Spring Hill Saturday morning that left one person dead.
The sheriff’s office said the shooting occurred at 16244 Albright Road where a small gathering of people was taking place. Deputies said the victim showed up at the gathering and got into an argument with Joshua Nichols, 21.
According to detectives, Nichols then went inside of the home and returned with a shotgun, shooting and killing the victim, deputies said.
Deputies say Nichols then ran into his home and then fled from the residence. Nichols has later apprehended by deputies and admitted to being present during the shooting but denied possessing the shotgun.
Nichols was arrested and charged with homicide and possession of a deadly weapon. Detectives are investigating the incident.
- Caught on video: Man breaks into Town ‘n’ Country church, sets it on fire
- Learning pods can make educational inequities worse. Here’s a better way to create one
- Catching up with hockey-loving pigs, Thunder and Bolt
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000
- LIST: Bed Bath & Beyond to close 63 stores by the end of 2020