DELRAY BEACH, FL (WFLA) – A church in Palm Beach County was vandalized this week. Deputies are looking for the suspect.
It happened at the Our Lady of Peace Church in Delray Beach. Pentagrams were painted on the doors and the statutes were desecrated, WPTV reported. A Virgin Mary and St. Anthony’s statues were painted black. Two pentagrams were found on two separate buildings, a dead bird was found on the front step, the church members told WPTV.
“It’s hatred I would say,” says retired priest Alex Delpiaz.
The church members spent Thursday cleaning up the buildings. But the statues will need to be refurbished.
The church also received a threat on the phone that whoever did this may come back. Palm Beach County deputies are investigating the incident.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Puppy purchased on Craigslist dies 5 days later
- George Zimmerman auctioning gun used to kill Trayvon Martin
- WWE star arrested in Hillsborough County
- Woman says Florida surgeon gave her tummy tuck instead of butt lift
- St. Pete police warn of smash-and-grab burglaries
- Lab tests find human and rat DNA in burgers
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines