TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was not using a crosswalk when he was struck by a car on U.S. Highway 92 on Thursday, authorities said.
The collision occurred on Highway 92 near the Walton Way Intersection at about 8:12 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 2009 Ford was heading east on Highway 92 and tried to turn left on Walton Way when it crashed into 48-year-old Rafael Crescente as he was walking south across the westbound lanes of the roadway.
Crescente suffered serious injuries and was rushed to Tampa General Hospital. His current condition is unknown.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Former Armwood, UCF, NFL player finds his peace & place as an artist
- Florida homeowner fatally shot man who smashed through door
- Launch forecast: 50/50 chance weather will cooperate for historic crewed SpaceX launch
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- 100-year-old Florida woman appears in ‘Born in Quarantine’ Facebook ad for new moms