NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pasco Sheriff’s Office has released new body camera video following the arrest of a man who had to be removed from inside the ceiling of a New Port Richey Walmart Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at the Walmart at the intersection of State Road 54 and Little Road.
According to deputies, the William Harrell Jr., 47 was taken into custody for a Baker Act, as well as several pending charges one of which included aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer.
Deputies said Harrell Jr. armed himself with a broken fluorescent light bulb and attempted to stab the deputy with it.
It has not been specified how the Harrell Jr. got into the crawl space above the ceiling, but Pasco deputies were able to get him down with the help of a Taser, bean bag gun, and pepper spray.
The Walmart was temporarily evacuated while deputies were working to coax the individual out of the ceiling and deputies are still on scene investigating the incident.
- Tampa youth soccer coach remembered after battle with COVID-19
- Nine-year-old boy rescued after falling into creek
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Lightning outlast Blue Jackets 3-2 in 5 OT thriller
- Bay Area political analyst says to win White House, candidates must win two major groups in Florida