PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol said a woman driving under the influence caused a wrong-way crash in Pasco County Sunday night.
According to troopers, Joanna McKenna, 48, of Zephyrhills, was headed eastbound in the inside westbound lane of State Road 52 near Hays Road toward David O’Donnell, 35, who was traveling the same lane in a 2012 Toyota Prius.
O’Donnell tried to swerve left and avoid a collision, but his vehicle was struck by McKenna’s car.
His vehicle rotated and came to a final rest in the eastbound inside lane of the roadway.
Troopers said McKenna was not wearing a seatbelt. She and a passenger inside of O’Donnell’s car received minor injuries and were taken to Bayonet Point Hosptial. O’Donnell was not hurt.
McKenna faces charges of DUI, DUI property damage, reckless driving and seatbelt violation.
- “I couldn’t be more happy”: McGlockton girlfriend speaks out after Drejka verdict
- Inconsistent Franks, No. 8 Florida rally to beat Miami 24-20
- Lyft offers $1,000 in free ride credits to Tampa nonprofit organization
- Married only minutes, Texas newlyweds killed in crash
- Hundreds of Pinellas Co. high school students earn free college credit