PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol said a woman driving under the influence caused a wrong-way crash in Pasco County Sunday night.
According to troopers, Joanna McKenna, 48, of Zephyrhills, was headed eastbound in the inside westbound lane of State Road 52 near Hays Road toward David O’Donnell, 35, who was traveling the same lane in a 2012 Toyota Prius.
O’Donnell tried to swerve left and avoid a collision, but his vehicle was struck by McKenna’s car.
His vehicle rotated and came to a final rest in the eastbound inside lane of the roadway.
Troopers said McKenna was not wearing a seatbelt. She and a passenger inside of O’Donnell’s car received minor injuries and were taken to Bayonet Point Hosptial. O’Donnell was not hurt.
McKenna faces charges of DUI, DUI property damage, reckless driving and seatbelt violation.
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- WATCH: Gasparilla Invasion & Parade of Pirates
- Law enforcement runs tight ship to keep 2020 Gasparilla safe
- Tapeworm removed from Austin man’s brain after months of headaches
- Illinois law caps insulin patient costs at $100 monthly