PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A teenager was driving an SUV on U.S. 41 when she hit and killed an Illinois woman who was crossing the highway, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred around 9:15 p.m. Wednesday evening on U.S. 41, just north of School Road, troopers said. According to troopers, a 17-year-old from Land O’ Lakes was heading north when she hit a woman who was walking across the highway. The report did not mention who had the right of way.
Troopers said the 34-year-old, who is from Warrenville, Illinois, was taken to an area hospital, where she later died.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Woman asks for love stories, plans to give away old wedding rings after divorce
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products
- Tampa Bay parents concerned after state education leaders send out student performance letters
- Powerball jackpot grows to $730M; Mega Millions to be $850M
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state