PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A staff member at Wesley Chapel High School has tested positive for coronavirus, according to a school district spokesperson.
The spokesperson said the staff member reported their positive test results on Wednesday.
The staff member was sent home to quarantine for 10 days, according to the school district. Those who came in close contact with the staff member are now required to quarantine for 14 days.
The first day of school in Pasco County is Aug. 24.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Crews vacuum ‘murder hornets’ out of Washington nest
- AMBER Alert canceled for 2 girls found safe after 2 boys found dead in Kansas
- Silver Alert canceled after Clearwater man with memory issues found
- Ivanka Trump to hold ‘Make America Great Again!’ campaign event in Sarasota on Tuesday