PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Hudson woman is facing several charges after deputies say she was found under the influence of narcotics standing in the middle of a McDonald’s drive-through with her 3-year-old child.
Pasco deputies say they found 35-year-old Melanie Hancox standing, not moving and severely inebriated in the drive-through on Thursday at 11:40 p.m. The alleged incident took place at the McDonald’s located at 11929 US Highway 19.
Deputies say Hancox had her 3-year-old child beside her.
According to deputies, they found Hancox with two different pills – Methadone Hydrochloride and Alprazolam.
She is now facing two counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of child neglect.
- Search for 9 missing from capsized boat in Gulf on 6th day
- Texas dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Tornado warning issued for Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco counties until 10 p.m.
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot
- Battleground Florida: Transgender and ‘anti-riot’ bills fuel partisan divisions in Florida