HUDSON, Fla. (WFLA) – Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay has increased the award for information leading to an arrest in a violent home invasion in Hudson.
Detectives say a masked man entered a home in the 1600 block of Duda Road and attacked an elderly resident.
The suspect then took the keys to the man’s 2010 silver Nissan Frontier, and drove off.
Deputies say the victim, who is in his 90s, was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle has since been recovered, but the suspect remains at large. He is believed to be a white male in his 20s.
Crime Stoppers is now offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the man involved.
Those with information about the case are being asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477).
- Missing child alert issued for 13-year-old last seen Friday
- ‘Out of my body’: Osaka sharp in debut at Tokyo Olympics
- What to watch Sunday night, Monday morning at the Tokyo Olympics
- Man charged in Capitol riot investigation said Trump ‘asked me to be here,’ court documents show
- Female gymnast team dons new Olympics uniform to combat ‘sexualization in gymnastics”